Sunday, September 20, 2009

Journal Jar Question #2

When you were a child, what games did you play in your house or neighborhood?

I was the only child until I was 6 1/2 years old, and then I had a little brother. I played by myself a lot when I was young, and I liked it that way. Mostly I remember reading tons of books, playing with Barbie dolls, coloring, playing with my grocery cart and cash register, and playing with my keyboard and singing songs.

When I was older I loved to ride my bike. There were a few other girls in my neighborhood and we would ride everywhere. I remember that I had to be home when the street lights came on. 

When I would stay at my Granny and Pop's house, Granny would always play games with me, but I remember her teaching my cousin and I how to play poker with pennies.

And when I would stay with my Grandmama and Granddaddy, Grandmama and I would play games all day and half the night. We played Yahtzee, Scrabble, TriOminoes, Dominoes, Chinese Checkers, Boggle, Uno, and probably a few others that I don't remember the name of. I do remember that Grandma didn't like to play Monopoly, and I remember Granddaddy playing Connect Four with me when he was still able to.

No comments:

Post a Comment