Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Journal Jar Question #5

What was the best birthday you ever had?

My most memorable birthday (well, not the most memorable. My most memorable birthday was actually not a good one. But that's another story for another day.) as a child was my 10th birthday. My mom planned a surprise sleepover party for me and to get me out of the house to get everything ready, she sent me off with my friend Jessica and we got our hair cut. She didn't know it, but I already knew about the party since Jessica's mom put the invitation on the front of her refrigerator for all of the world to see. Anyway, when we got back to Jessica's house, her mom gave us matching outfits to wear. I remember they were one piece, sleeveless, short-alls and they were white with pink, yellow, and orange flowers. We were the epitome of cool in 1994.

See? (I'm on the right).





So since Jessica lived only a few doors down from me, we walked back to my house and Surprise! all of my friends were there. All I really remember from that night was us playing in the yard, taking lots of pictures, and then eating cake and ice cream after our baths. I remember my brother annoying the heck out of us, and I remember getting a Lisa Frank diary - with a lock! and then my mom read it the next day. To this day she is still just as nosey. I also grew a big jealous bone when I found out that two of my friends had family reunions to go to the next day and I just knew that they were going to the same one and they would find out they were related and then they would be best friends forever and forget all about me. Oh, the major problems I had when I was 10 years old.

Fast forward 12 years. My best birthday as an adult was my 22nd. That was the day Denny proposed, and if that wasn't enough, the next day we went and bought my Trailblazer. The car I had first laid eyes on a few days earlier and could not stop thinking about. But then, exactly 1 year later, on the day after my 23rd birthday, we hydroplaned on the way to Savannah to celebrate my birthday. We easily could have died, but none of the 6 people in the car had more than a few scratches and bruises. So yeah, I've had some memorable birthdays so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment